We’ve been boggling some minds lately. The confusion or disconnect usually occurs right after we tell potential customers about Postech Thermal Piles (insulated and galvanized steel screw piles) and how they are unsurpassed in quality and performance. This claim (which we can back up) always sparks everyone’s favourite follow-up question, “what’s does it cost in comparison to the competition?” Our answer isn’t what most people generally expect; “they are usually cheaper upfront and certainly a huge savings in the long run.”
How could it be? It just doesn’t make sense, if it’s better it should be more expensive, right? Let us explain with a few short points:
- Our steel screw piles can be installed by one person using a modified mini-excavator. Concrete piles require multiple crews and multiple machines, all of which cost money.
- We can install our steel screw piles in nearly all weather conditions; if it’s raining the other guys can’t work, your project gets pushed back and time is money.
- Buy yourself a minimum of 24 hours of productive building time; our piles don’t require curing and can be built upon instantly, again time is money.
- Traditional concrete piles require that a hole is bored in your yard, this brings up the soil and creates a mess known as “tailings”; removal of tailings is an additional cost and sometimes not included in quotes.
- Postech purchases an astronomical amount of steel every year and has excellent purchasing power which translates to savings on product cost.
- Our galvanized steel piles will last at least 200 years; longer than competitors steel piles which are typically painted or untreated and much longer than concrete piers which are expected to last 35-50 years.
- Our innovative insulated design provides unparallelled protection against frost heaving; in 20 years you won’t be calling expensive foundation repair contractors because your building has shifted.
- In the future if you want to remove or replace your structure, our piles can be easily removed, re-used or recycled; concrete requires heavy excavation and land restoration.
So please, don’t be quick to discount our foundation system based on a “the higher priced the foundation the better the foundation” philosophy. NOT ALL FOUNDATION SYSTEMS ARE CREATED EQUAL! And, yes with a premium Postech Thermal Pile foundation, you can live the champagne life on a beer budget.
Postech Winnipeg proudly serves Winnipeg and most other Manitoba communities and are considered Cottage Country specialists. For a free quote for your residential, commercial, industrial or recreational building project, please call toll-free 1(855) 4-PILING (474-5464) or email email@example.com.