Postech Thermal Piles are an efficient and effective foundation system for decks, cottages, new homes and yes — garages too!
The picture above is of a new home build but not just any new home build — a new home built on Postech Thermal Piles! (See our previous post – Can you build a home on Postech screw piles?). The customer was so thrilled with how his home turned out that he had us out to complete piling for the garage, front entrance and the rear deck.
There were some distinct advantages to our customer having chosen heavy duty screw piles for his new home build which include but are not limited to:
- Installation was done quickly and efficiently in a grand total of 16 hours (28 piles under the home and 16 other piles for garage, deck and front entry = 44 piles / 16 hours = 2.75 piles per hour) * Note that piles for the home were between 20′ and 30′ in depth.
- Zero curing time was required – this fast tracked the building process.
- Ability to go right through the less than desirable layers of soil to reach soil capable of bearing the required load, using extensions when necessary. (Previously the customer tried concrete piers and the holes they bored continually caved in).
- Laser leveled installation to guarantee the desired height with consistence on every pile.
- Use of a CMHC approved new construction material means eligibility for foundation coverage under the National New Home Warranty program.
- Long lasting product that has been hot-dip galvanized and constructed of top-quality cold-rolled Canadian steel (75 year life on the galvanized coating and 125 year rated steel for centuries of performance).
- Cement head adapters make it easy to tie screw piles into concrete grade beams or slabs.
We recently also were very happy to complete another garage piling project just outside of Beausejour, Manitoba – a referral from a satisfied customer who built his own garage on Postech Thermal Piles. Thank you Larry J.!
If you are building a garage and require a solid foundation with many advantages over traditional concrete piles, please contact Stan Higgins, Independent Owner of Postech Winnipeg directly at 204.793.0653 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postech Winnipeg proudly installs Canada’s top-performing screw piles in the Winnipeg, rural Manitoba and cottage country areas.